What Is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a form of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that is dated back over 3000 years.
Its purpose is to treat your condition looking at you and your lifestyle as a whole to gain a unique picture of your body’s patterns and energies.
From here an individualized treatment is developed to restore balance and encourage your body’s own healing processes.
Herein lies the benefit of TCM – every person is different and no two people with similar conditions will necessarily be treated the same.
How Does It Work?
TCM views the body as a series of interconnecting channels or ‘meridians’ that carry our Qi (best likened to ‘energy’) and information to all areas of the body and mind.
Dis-ease may be a blockage or imbalance of this energy in a particular area.
Very fine needles at particular acupoints can restore the natural flow and initiate the body’s responses.
Rigorous scientific studies on acupuncture have shown that it stimulates nerve fibres, signaling activation of the spinal cord and central nervous system. This in turn sends out a variety of neurotransmitters. In short acupuncture:
• enhances the immune system
• increases blood circulation
• releases natural anti-inflammatories
• relaxes muscle spasm
• increases production of endorphins and opioids – our bodies own painkilling and feel-good chemicals
• regulates body functions such as heart rate, blood pressure, hormone release, fluid metabolism and nerve transmissionAcupuncture is recommended by the World Health Organisation.
I also use techniques such as moxabustion, cupping, massage, herbal medicine and dietary advice if appropriate for your condition.
What Conditions Can It Treat?
Acupuncture’s wide-ranging benefits mean it can be effective for a large variety of health conditions, both acute and chronic:
• Pain, Injuries, OOS, Arthritis
• Headaches, Migraines
• Asthma, Bronchitis, Influenza, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Hayfever, Allergies
• Digestive and Bowel problems
• Fertility, Pregnancy Health, Menopausal Symptoms
• Fatigue, Stress, Anxiety, Insomnia
• Psychological conditions, Addictions
• Neurological conditions, High Blood Pressure
• Urinary problems
• General Well-being
Please contact me if you want to be sure acupuncture is right for your condition.
|Ascent Acupuncture, Wellington, New Zealand | t: 04 977 4540 m: 021 100 8285 | e: clinic @ ascentacupuncture.co.nz
MNZRA – NZ Register Acupuncturists | MFACT – Fertility & Acupuncture Childbirth Team | ACC Registered
|Pain, sports injuries, oos, arthritis, migraines, asthma, colds, fertility, pregnancy health, menopause, fatigue, stress, high blood pressure, digestive & bowel problems, urinary problems, anxiety, insomnia, addiction, general well being, cosmetic acupuncture, acupuncture wellington, wellington acupuncture clinic|